Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Whew!

What a week it has been!  First week back at my school and first week back with online and WOU classes.  I took 9 hours last term, but was only able to find 7 hours of needed coursework for this term.  I have to admit, I am off to a slow start.  One of my other classes is off and running---much like this one.  I have to catch up this weekend along with my lesson planning, assessment data analyzing, laundry, and everything else.  Not complaining, thinking aloud, er, well, typing and announcing!

Today went so quickly.  We had our 7/8th grade buddies come down and read in our classroom.  We had an assembly and P.E.  It was a busy day.  I loved being back at school.  I missed my students over the break.  Ya, I enjoyed a more leisure schedule, but after a while I need to return to a routine.

2011 is looking good, busy, but good!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a good start to January! I just began my student teaching again, and I shifted from a high school to a middle school- I am feeling a little overwhelmed :) I bet it was great to come back to a bunch of smiling faces last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overwhelmed? Overwhelmed! I had that passing sensation this morning also and decided that I was not going to let the "overwhelmed feeling get me down. In your case, don't overload yourself with this class. Just take a couple quiet moments (if they exist, and if not, make them) and casually read some blogs and explore some features. This is not a class that will determine your degree, although it might be quite an adventure in life.

    Me? I'm just running from blog to blog to see how many I can read and comment on before lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying this. It's new territory for me, but as I experiment my way through, I am learning. I cannot imagine keeping up with ALL the blogs, Denvy. Alyssa, it was nice to return to smiling faces. I have a really neat group of kid-o's. I remember my student teaching experiences---just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete