Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Bye Twitter Updates and Blog Articles

I removed a couple of gadgets that I believe were cluttering my space.  I changed my background design and really like the orange.  I needed a change.

I have read a couple of articles with regard to blogging.  The first one was taken form the International Reading Association.  It is called, HOT Blogging:  A Framework for Blogging to Promote Higher Order Thinking.  It talked a lot about supporting literacy programs in alternative ways.  What a great method.  Students need the experience with technology and here literacy skills are promoted.  Students develop internet communication skills bridging the gap between in-school and out-of-school literacies.  Not bad.

The second article I found was published be the National Council of Teachers of English.  This one is entitled, New Voices:  Linkin' (B)logs:  A New Literacy of Hyperlinks.  Hyperlinks creates ease moving from one page to another.  Which reminds me, I have not successfully added the RSS feed to my blog.  I can't quite rap my head around this yet, but I am working at it.

As for blogging in my 1st grade teacher world, I see it more as a parent communication tool rather than and educations tool.  However, for older students, I see the benefits of using blogs to promote learning.  In my case, I believe that this mode also promotes learning, just in a very different kind of way.  My mode is more of a way to assist with the home connection--which is very important and lends itself to all kinds of opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment